Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I haven't finished yet telling about my fun weekend.  Sunday, Brade, Megs and I went to the old Uptown Theatre for a showing of Monty Python & The Holy Grail.  After being shut down last year, they received new funding and this was the opening weekend.  They'd taken requests from the Queen Anne neighborhood on their favorite films and then ran them all weekend.  All you needed to get in was a receipt from a local restaurant/company.  So we grabbed lunch at Dicks and walked across the street.  Watching this movie in a theatre full of viewers sounded so exciting.  Unfortunately, people didn't laugh nearly as much as I'd expected.  It was altogether almost quiet in there.  Except the two seats to my right.  First off, opening cans (of energy drinks) in a theatre during quiet moments....? People weren't thinking they were drink energy drinks.  Not to mention both of those two can have quite a loud spontaneous laugh.  I was sure people already hated us a few minutes in.  But that's what this film is for, so hey.  We enjoyed it fully. 
It was a beautiful day and we wandered the neighborhoods with coffee (Braden attempting to block book shops from our view).   It was pretty perfect.   And I count myself very blessed to have friends like these.  (We took a ton of pictures with the beautiful palette of falling leaves and old brick buildings - which are up on Meg's blog.)



MOST everyone reading this blog knows Braden. But what most of you don't know, is he has a strange attachment to certain critters. While his favorite is raccoons, I saw the odd enticement of squirrels on him firsthand.   I'd seen it before at UW where the squirrels are terrifying little minions.  Sunday, one was wandering up rather boldly into our path. Meg started to get nervous, and Braden thrilled. She must have heard us getting close or somehow read Braden's thoughts, because The Great Squirrel Charmer of Queen Anne (see picture to right) strode up to us and began explaining how friendly they are. She's been feeding them for 6 years. When she asked if we'd like to feed them, guess who took the opportunity immediately? Yep. "I patted it on the head! Did you see that?" 





While I got a video, I don't know how to upload it here. :/ If I can figure out how to work that magic, I'll be sure to share the quality footage.

1 comment:

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

Aw. Friends. Love it:)