Monday, October 31, 2011

NB:  Today was my first day as a "paralegal."   What that looked like was me sitting in a chair next to my sister all day... watching her do my work, while neither of our normal jobs were getting done.  There are two of us, trying to do the job that three of us were barely completing before, and meanwhile she is trying to train me in a completely new position.  This is going to be a very tough transition for both of us, and right now the weight is definitely falling on her.  I'm not blind to the fact that she's doing it at her expense, and with a smile, for my sake... and I'm definitely humbled, grateful, and a little bit teary-eyed.

That's just like her.

I've been thinking today... I'd truly be lost without my sisters.  And I never want to have to find out what it would be like without them.

And now, to bed, because this week I certainly need it.

You can pray grace over us both, if you don't mind - for her to get her work done, and help show me mine... and for me to learn quickly and remember, and have extra grace to get my other job done too, in record time. ;)

PS.  I am excited and incredibly grateful for the new position.  :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Praying! And if you need some therapeutic work out/talking and laughing nights this week let me know... I'm just a few minutes away!

Cami said...

Wow, Kati! That is exciting Paralegal - didn't know you were interested in that. I will be praying for you & Kris!

Linda said...

I wondered what the outcome was! Congratulations and I will pray grace and a multiplication of time--and patience over both of you!!! Celebratory lunch Friday!