Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wednesday Night. 

After getting home about 8 and practicing violin, I determined I better watch this documentary. LBL has "re-checked out" the film to me three times now. He is very serious about me watching it. I was equal parts surprise and annoyance when I found myself up much later than expected, but unable to go to bed until I saw who won the National Bee. It was surprisingly interesting, particularly because of all the parents... I could see a few of you really liking this after all. The dedication of the children and the parents was inspiring. These 8th graders would spend 5-8 hours a day for a year preparing, they'd tear through dictionaries like cotton candy, parents would hire coaches to train them in French, Spanish, etc and forgo social lives themselves.

LBL may be somewhat disappointed to hear I did in fact watch it alone, and without bowls of chips and snacks.  I was quite content though, me, my nail polish, and my cup of tea in a clean room.

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Hence why you did not join me at the gym.....