Monday, October 31, 2011

Sunday.  I love Saturday night service!  Sleeping in on Sundays feels so... incredible.  It's better than sleeping in on any other day.  I'm not sure why, but it might be because it is so foreign.  It's like your first bite of candy, or sip of bourbon (was that just me?). 

So, after sleeping in rather late, and then spending an hour or so 'sloaking' in prayer... I crawled out of bed, started the coffee and got immersed into some fun crafts.  By 1pm, my dear friend and weekend guest, Meg, gently prodded "Hey Kati, want to eat something?"  To which I replied from the other room, "yeah."  "Maybe want to eat it before you get into another project?"  "Yeah."  I shut off the sewing machine and realized I'd been starving my sweet friend.  From there, we began plotting our delicious day.  A quick trip to the grocery store and we were set for our kitchen adventures.  Meg's has begun a foodie blog... which I am very grateful for, since I think it will require both of us to become more adventurous and confident.... changing, amending and owning recipes.  Yesterday, we began with our very own, Bourbon-Bacon-Pecan Sticky Buns.  And they were delicious.  I'm not bragging (okay, yes I am), but I've had several from Specialty's (it's a weakness... and there is one RIGHT by my building! Some mornings, they just scream at me!)... anyways, ours were better.  That was probably just because they were smothered with butter, brown sugar and bourbon and sprinkled with bacon.  Hard to go wrong there.. especially when you begin with a nice warm piece of carb (aka bread). 


A few hours later and I was back in the kitchen making the ceremonious first butternut squash soup of the year. :) MMmm.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Yum and yum!