Monday, November 29, 2010

Decision is in: I didn't get into Cambridge.

It's nice to at least know and now be able to seek other direction for this coming year. But, not the easiest news. And especially since I was definitely thinking England sounded good (really good lately).

I learned a lot through the process of applying and waiting. And I'm grateful I took the risk.

Funny, I was singing along to United Pursuit Band's "If I Give it All to You" as I opened up my email and saw the decision- a few words are "I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open... There's nothing I hold on to... I lean not on my own understanding, my life is in the hands of the Maker of heaven. if I give it all to you, will you make it brand new? If I open up my hands, will you fill them again?... I give it all to you God, trusting that you'll make something beautiful out of me."

There is nothing left in my hands.

Leaning into Him all the more...

Love you all and thank each of you so very much for the encouragement and help you've provided at every step along the way. Thank you for walking through this process with me. It is good to have an answer, isn't it? Even if it not what we'd hoped for. I know God told me to apply, and that He hadn't yet told me to 'go' or plan on going... so I feel comfort in that I've obeyed, and succeeded. I think of that story where God tells the man to push the rock... and the man thinks he's failed because he couldn't ever move it. God reminds him, he only said to push. Well, I've been pushing. And I know it's been training. Time to seek Him for the next step.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing my dear friend Kati! Your faith inspires me and I have to admit although I was hoping for good news for you I'm glad you wont be half way across the world :)

<3 Toni

{meg} said...

I am so impressed and proud of you!

I admire you and all that the Lord is doing in you right now.

-Sending my love! (Cuddles to follow in a few night!)

samara said...

Kati! I almost started crying. But not in sadness, just because you are so amazing!

I am so proud of you. You're quite the inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your process--its joys and its pains. I love you and am praying that God reveals the next step. It's a strange feeling to realize you have way more options than you thought. I know He'll show the way.

Love you!