Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I felt so dead tired this morning, and stiff to boot (thank you hot yoga). Suffice to say, I was running a little late by the time I reached the bus stop. But as I rode in, I decided taking a later bus was worth it. Why?

Because the little girl sitting on front of me (probably a month or two older than Auri) on her mom's lap was one of the happiest baby girls I've seen, and with the prettiest brown eyes and long lashes. She decided I was going to be her friend for the busride. Eventually, after much giggling and smiling, we were engrossed in a game of peekaboo that had her parents turning around to see. She was sweet, and made my morning full of joy. I love how a little kid can do that- stranger or not. Never underestimate the power of a sincere smile, and smiling eyes.

Perhaps one more reason to be child-like.... or just make lots of babies. ;)

3 comments:

{meg} said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

The last line. Oh Kelly!

Theresa said...

Oh my....

Katrina Hope said...

:)