Monday, November 08, 2010

Just read this on a friend's blog. And it is exactly what I needed to read right now:

God may send you, dear friends, some costly packages. Do not worry if they are done up in rough wrappings. You may be sure there are treasures of love, and kindness, and wisdom hidden within. If we take what He sends, and trust Him for the goodness in it, even in the dark, we shall learn the meaning of the secrets of Providence. —A. B. Simpson

Sometimes obedience feels very costly. And fighting for a dream can look like letting other dreams die. I'm just hoping that things are not as they appear. Don't be caught up with how things appear. God loves to wrap trasures in clay, and pearls in dirt fields. He's not concerned with appearances. So I'm trying to not let myself be concerned either. This is not the end.

It only makes it doubly challenging when others misinterpret your behaviours... misreading your costly sacrifices as you not caring for what you are letting go.

But I know the Lord as my advocate. He's cleared my name before. He's uncovered a mess of things that I could never have made clear myself. I've only had to wait through it. So, I'm waiting again. And I'm learning even more to be content with being misunderstood, or not known by those I wish would see me as I am. The trend for me is facing things I cannot change, and having peace to wait.

No comments: