Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I was searching for one of my favorite quotes- I can't remember who actually said it. I've had no luck thus far: I must have picked it out of a book. Thankfully, I know I wrote it in my quote journal (I'll check tonight perhaps). But, I found these fun quotes on detail during my word hunt:

The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art. William Morris

Beware of the man who won't be bothered with details. William Feather

To be really great in little things, to be truly noble and heroic in the insipid details of everyday life, is a virtue so rare as to be worthy of canonization. Harriet Beecher Stowe

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. Ernest Hemingway

The difference between something good and something great is attention to detail. Charles R Swindoll

Why can we remember the tiniest detail that has happened to us, and not remember how many times we have told it to the same person. Francois duc de La Rochefoucauld

No comments: