Monday, July 09, 2007

The Call
07.07.07

I know you are all excited to hear about The Call :) It was really great- HOT, but great! It was HOTT- with two T's!

It was a HUGE prayer meeting- worship and prayer! I wasn't sure I was going to stay the whole day because it was SO hot (oh, did I already say that?) but I couldn't leave (I mean, I could have literally, but didn't want to) AND I am so glad I didn't because I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it. Some of the highlights of it were Misty Edwards (who Kim LOVED), the marriage of 3 couples (seriously, they married three couples- by their pastors- they were beautiful brides, and one of them came back out to play the violin and guitar)!


Also, it was so amazing when they had 300 men march down to the front holding shofars up in the air and then they all blew them at once as we all shouted- it was incredible!

As the night went on, I enjoyed it more and more- because it began as a battle and finished as a victory celebration! The purpose, well- it seems there was several purposes, but a major purpose of The Call, and in a sense the call itself is to raise up a generation who is dedicated to prayer and fasting- for the end of abortion, for a heart for adoption, for the death of the Bail spirit in our country, for our government, for the will of God. And that's what we did together. It was fantastic!

The night before the Call, Kim and I went to her friend Kelley's wedding....that's a whole 'nother story, haha- huh Kim? That's our picture (below) ...notice Kim's beautiful new dress :)

I have learned several things while I have been here. For instance, Jason is a night owl. He is addicted to Scrabble. He is incredibly funny- and he is incredibly quick witted. We've been having a great time! I also learned that he makes some killer french press/big train coffee! AND has a mind of steal. Kim, I have found to be quite the Southern-Seattlite.

Today was another great day- Kim and I are having a relaxing night. AND tomorrow evening Jason has a big game, I am SO excited! I am sure tomorrow will be wonderful as well. After his game, Kelly and Scott fly in for the weekend, which will be fun! I love you and really do miss you (DAD)!

No comments: