Tuesday, July 31, 2007















Hey, I was looking for a way to try to add music to my blog...haven't found it yet. But look what I did find. I went to George Strait's website and I was just looking around for maybe some kind of media player (nope.), and they've added the info for his annual Team Roping competition. So, I just grabbed a few pictures to show you. I was thinking the other day, and I told Kim this, I want to see like country music stars like walking around at the grocery store, or filling up their gas tank, just so I can see if they are wearing a cowboy hat...or if they only wear them to performances. I wouldn't blame them if they only wore them then...if I was a country star, I would totally wear my hat- I wear it every semi-reasoble excuse I get. But then, I said, I bet George Strait wears his around...and Kim agreed for the same reason, because he really is a cowboy.














He doesn't live in a big fancy house near Nashville...he lives on his 50 acre ranch in Texas. He's a real cowboy...and it's evident with all his old-fashioned cowboy charm when he takes the stage and begins to sing Amarillo by Morning. I also noticed in this picture- that I think the woman with him is his wife, and I believe the young guy in the backround is his son, Bubba...you don't find pictures of him, like at all. Far cry from the "celebrities" and "heiresses" you tend to hear and SEE too much of, don'tcha think?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A. Your obssessed with George Strait.

B. I'm not thinking Bubba is all that cute.

C. Kati has a boyfriend - did you all know that? Yea, we found her one out here and she's going to marry him and move here someday.

Katrina Hope said...

I am not obsessed with George Strait. I am bored, and he is the artist of the week. Next week, I will bore everyone with random facts and information about .... my favorite author.

Secondly...that's not HIM (I don't think)...AS I SAID, that guy is too tall...I have only been able to find one picture of Bubba and I can't grab it and put it on my blog.

Thirdly, this battle of rumors is going to get us both a lot of phone calls from confused friends. NO, I did not find a man here...and no, I am not moving here, as of now :)

A Tennessee summer house sure would be a dream though.

Katrina Hope said...

Hey- they guy in the picture with him- wearing teh blue shirt- I think that's his older brother- they say they started the team roping competition as a family thing and his brother helps him run it... cool.

Anonymous said...

obssessed....

morgan

Katrina Hope said...

Bored. (and now tired, so I am going to bed).