Friday, July 27, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance!

Did ya'all watch it last night? I was a little upset. I was glad that girl went home....the remaining three are my favorite girls. As for the guys, my favorite are...crappp...I cannot ever remember their names. The blonde guy ( I had it down last night)...I think I have a little crush on him. ;) He is on of my FAVORITES! And my other favorite is the one they sent home last night- I COULD NOT believe it!! I thought for sure it would be the other guy in the bottom 4...FOR SURE. They announced it was Kameron (oh look- I remembered! yes!) and Kim and I at the same moment go -"WHAT!?" out of complete shock. I definitely had a cruch on him- he was such a good partner. They never felt he really "shined" or whatever, but didn't they notice that whatever girl he got partnered with became the star of the night!? He was a wonderful dancer- and he new how to really support and lead whoever he was dancing with- whatever style they were faced with. No, no, he should not have been going home. Send 'Ol Danny home. Or especially send home the other guy who danced the terrible austrian dance with ballet, valley girl who went home. NOOOO< not Kameron.

Sorry, I am still in the grieving process. ;)

Besides that...last night Kim and I went to the Opry Mills Mall (right across from the Grand Ol' Opry! :) We went there two years ago when I was here- it was one of my favorite thigns we did- especially since we went to this incredible restaurant that was circled around this giant tank that was filled with 2 big sharks, big eels, tons of big fish--- it was awesome---you felt like you were under the sea! AND the crab was delicious- which was a huge plus!

So, last night Kim and I came across some amazing steals! Also, I think I found a pair of great running shoes for a great deal..I bought them and I am gonna ask Jason (he worked in a special fitness store- plus he ran a half marathon- he should know if these are good or not). They are Aasics which are supposed to be one of the best running shoes.

Why do I need new running shoes you may ask? Well- old ones are destroyed.....which matters because, Toni and I have decided to train for a half marathon. I am extremely nervous because it is the weekend after Thanksgiving, which isn't very far away----and I just had 3 Krispy Kremes this morning, lol....in other words, I am the most out of shape I have ever been in my life. Don't take this for granted...I have been playing soccer about as long as I have been able to spell my name. Then in junior high, it became select, plus junior high soccer (with the amazing Kim Rankin as my coach!!!! holla!! lol). Then, higher premier, plus basketball, and eventually throw on Inglemoor High School team too. That was like my golden years as far as being in shape! Then-- came MCs. I thought I was bad then because I wasn't allowed to go running by myself anymore. Well...now I don't even have dance practice or pathetic exercises 3x a week....I have nothing! I have not gone running in at least 2 months....I didn't even have good running shoes any more.

THUS STRUCK my brilliant idea. I have for several years planned to someday run a marathon. It's one of those things you secretly want yourself to achieve but you don't want anyone to know because they might actually expect you to do it. lol. Yeah....well, the time has come where I need to have some kind of goal to make myself feel challenged and also get back in shape. Toni- aka Rosie- and I have mentioned a couple times to each other that we should run together..we have wanted to for some time now, but never do.

THE PLOT THICKENS. Kim told my sister and I some time ago that Jason, and his sister and brother in law (Scott and Kelley) wanted to walk the marathon here in Seattle Thanksgiving weekend. I kind of had the thought in my head - wouldn't it be cool to run it....hmmmm.

So, my first week or so here, I decided I wanted to try it. I texted Toni, and I texted Todd to see if his mom could help us make a training schedule. Well, Toni mentioned it to her mom- who is incredible excited about it-- made her call Todd's mom (who is good friends with Toni's mom- following still?) and Todd's mom is so awesome- she's totally helping us come up with a training schedule, free of charge and all (she's like wonder woman- triathlete- personal fitness trainer woman). The schedule starts when Toni gets here!! SO- I have got to get some running shoes so i can start running ;)

The thing is, I have terrible ankles and knees from all the years of soccer and I will need to invest in a pair that will give me the support I need....I hope I found that pair.

Well...that was largely our night.

Funny thing I'll share...we were watching So You Think You Can Dance, all cuddled up in the guest bed (aka- my bed). And these Severe Thunderstorm Warnings kept coming up and I was asking Kim about them...I was kinda getting excited (I like the storms here!), thinking it might hit us a little (not actually "hit" us, you know what I mean). Kim said, "It's not really near us, look at the little white dot, that's where it is. The yellow dot is Nashville, and that's pretty much where we are." I was a little bummed. Then later Kim goes, "Yeah, see its moving further away." Then she adds a few seconds later, "Not to mention this is taped." We both started laughing at ourselves.

Good times. And I am having many of them! I am so excited for the weekend...Jason took the weekend off, which is awesome! He has been working every night this past week, so we have seen pretty little of him- which you can imagine how much Kim and him hate that! I can only imagine how difficult that has got to be for them. But, they make the best of it. I am very impressed by them, and I admire their relationship a lot! :)

This weekend they have planned some fun stuff- we are going to Franklin for Saturday, and The Blue Jay Cafe Sunday night, after some pool lounging! It will will be a wonderful weekend. OH, and Kim and I are finally gonna catch Hairspray tonight!

Love you guys!

(PS---leave your names after your comments (ahum, ahum, Elise, hehe)! I can usually tell who it is, but it would help if you just signed your note. Dad usually insists on still not leaving it-- it's a battle of wills after an old post I left telling my family to sign their notes! But I can tell it's him because he says "Baby" and other things that I can totally hear him saying just how he says them to me when he's teasing me. Love ya daddy! - I know you really just enjoy knowing your girls can "recognize your voice." I guess it's the special priviledges of a father.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Kati working at my office has been a blessing in disguise, cause I'm barely breaking her into the shopping out here and she's wanting to go crazy! Good thing she's makin some money! Just a little correction to one of her blogs - Jason has run TWO FULL marathons, not a half marathon. He didn't want to sound like a wuss, so I had to say that for him! ;-) Do we really have to wait a whole nother week for "So you think you can, so you think you can, so you think you can....dance...dance...dance..." ha!! Can't wait to see my baby this weekend!!!