Thursday, July 19, 2007

Krogers.

We drove for about 20 minutes to "a good Krogers." Krogers really do differ from one to the next, so we drove out to, honestly, an awesome Krogers. I laughed at the thought, but by the time we reached the hair and cosmetics isle....I agreed. But, I don't think their produce is quite as good as all ours...I dunno. BUT, as you can see, they do have a far superior selection of jams..!
Before leaving, Kim went through a few of her cooking magazines and choose some new good look'n recipes.. including, Beef & Spinach Lasagna, Beef & Bean Braid, Greek Chicken Wings, New Red Potatoe Salad, Asparagus Brunch Pockets (Can't wait for this one!!!)....plus I had a special part in picking the desserts...Jello Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits, Lemon Dill Chicken Popover, and Creamy Lemon Squares! Yes...I know I am SOOO ridiculously lucky. (Toni-- drooling? Yep....leave your running shoes at home....we'll eat now, train later! hehe.) Kim also organized all the ingredients "so we wont forget anything" It was nice though, we didn't have to run back to different isles, we went to frozen foods, to dairy (milk, cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, eggs), evetually to our hair products and toiletries, and ended with the produce. It was impressive, but in a very Kimmish way. :) Two things people whou don't know my sister very well are learning from this blog: 1. Kim is very organized. 2. Kim is a killer cook!
You know what else I found at the store? They have Dreyers just like us, but they call it Eddy's...whats the Marketing point in that? Do Southerners really prefer to buy Eddy's ice cream over Dreyers? Well, maybe Seattlites would prefer that too, huh? You should think about that Mr. Dreyers Marketing Man...or should I say, Eddy? OOOO BURN. (hehehe- like that one Kris, Mom and Dad???)

At the point I took this picture Kim had decided I was ridiculous... she decided that long ago, but she said it now. But I had to take a picture, because I thought this was so cool, my godfather's name is Bob Evans and he is one rock'n cook!! He makes such tasty food- especially BBQ chicken! He actually sells his BBQ sauce, its called Rob.E.Q Sauce- clever huh? Its YUMM.E! Okay, I know. I'll stop. In my defense, I am not feeling well...I am shaking and feel like I'm burning up...it just hit me in the last ten minutes...wierd huh.

No joke, I am not just trying to poke fun... this was in a special center section near the meats... Yep, pickled eggs and Pigs Feet, there were some other things too, but they weren't as great as these two!









I'm fix'n for a tasty dinner- I can smell it!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your too funny Kati. And yes, I'm an organized grocery freak. I get so frustrated running from one of the store to the other to find things...drives me nuts. Just a little fyi - not to burst your bubble or anything Kati, but The Lemon Dill Chicken Popover, is actually a dinner, not a dessert :-) But boy have we had plenty of desserts. I think by the time you leave, you'll have tried every flavor of bluebell ice cream they make!

Katrina Hope said...

Yeah, probably...except I really don't like ice creams with cherries in them..so that cuts out one...and I am not ahuge fan of the ones with walnuts and marshmallows either, that cuts out another. On second thought, those might be the same one..hmm.

I caught that too when i was reading over my blog today, I was like wait a second..."Lemon Dill Chicken Popover" is a dessert? I copied them off of your list and that one was down at the bottom with the desserts...I think it was a last-minute addition to the menu.

Anonymous said...

... im thinking about dropping everything and coming there today... ok with everyone?

and yes kati my mouth was watering. Good idea forget the running shoes. lets get fat and then come home and run it all off.