Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FINALLY!

When I say, "I want to get married in a barn" (at night), and you all picture some redneck collection of deer heads, broken down tractor pieces, beer bottles, flies, and fighting off the wafting summer heat's emphasis of cow...dung..... THIS is what I AM picturing in my head...

I've finally found a picture that resembles my dream... not redneck, elegant and sweet.


It all started in early high school, flipping through wedding magazines with my big sis Kim. She is an INCREDIBLE invitation designer... really, she's an incredible artist/designer in general. She'd been collecting magazines for ideas for years, and finally decided to cut down the amassed pile in the bedroom corner. We sat there, flipping through page after page- tearing out cool invitation and wedding ideas. When I came across a picture of an evening wedding held in a huge circular barn in the middle of the country, I fell in love. I showed it to Kim, and she tore it out and said "we'll keep this one for you." Soon thereafter, she met her husband, Jason, moved apartments, and then states. Who knows where that little square of magazine is now... but the image has never left me. The barn was decorated so elegantly, white lights strung high above. Beautiful linen covered dozens of round tables. It was enchanting.

I've yet to see that barn I always picture... especially here in Washington. :/ Whenever someone tells me "Kati- I heard from a friend about this barn that does weddings!" I, excited, google it--- but I've yet to see a page pull up that looks like THIS, or that could even hold the numbers I'll need.

I'm not stuck on this... but I think the concepts will play in, somehow.

....It's okay though, the time hasn't come for it anyways. :)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I understand your dream Kati, and when the time comes I'll tell you of a few places I know ;)

Courtney Jane said...

Just pick a barn you like and sweet talk the owners ;)

Anonymous said...

"numbers you'll need"???? Uh-oh..
Listen, I know of a beautiful white barn in a quaint little town just south of Missoula... ;-]

Unknown said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog, and whoa did I get behind. If I ever come across that barn picture, I'll for sure set it aside.

And thank you for the compliment on the invitation designs :-)