Thursday, October 28, 2010

Last night I unravelled an entire (BIG) roll of butcher paper, so I could roll it back up.

I wanted the hole in the middle to be big enough to fit on a wooden pole I have. Then, I changed my mind and strung it on black satin ribbon. Eventually, it will be mounted on a rod on my wall, but for now, it's hanging beside my bed.

I was going to read and go to bed last night- but then I came across a verse that I needed. I rolled out my butcher paper (Thank you T!), pulled out my dozens of sharpies and began to scrawl all over the page. Highlighting, boldening, underlining, illuminating each word as it stood out to me. I need that verse to get into me.

Pastor Walter Duhrer spoke at the KMI Conference one night as well as at church on Sunday morning- and both times he focused on the importance of the Word really getting into us. Not just in our heads... something more. He gave strategies for how to do this. I think one for me will be my sharpies and butcher paper. :)

All I know is I'm in need. It's a point of laying down everything I want so terribly, recognizing that some of it I cannot have, and some of it I may not have, but there is a plan that is better than anything I can contrive or conceive... and I have to become open to it.

I'm being recentered.

1 comment:

Rachel Sarah said...

This is definitely a season of recentering. I'm right there too! It's a season to simplify, prioritize, return to the basics, and gain a new, laser-sharp focus. Blessings!