Monday, October 11, 2010

LBL (my boss) just informed me that he can see me moving to Europe for school, deciding to take piano, falling in love with it and becoming a master pianist. (This was told through a long, vivid story of what this process would look like.)

This was not prompted by any comment from me. Nothing.

I told him I do plan to learn the piano, but I'm starting so late. He assured me not to worry about how late I am starting.

I told him I sort of plan to do everything. He liked that. lol.

I think it worries me how much I can see LBL as an old me.... at the same time, it kind of encourages me that I can do all the things I have set in my heart to do. Why not? The man is almost 70 and he windsurfs, rollerblades, cycles, surfs, plays piano, spends part of his year in Hawaii and runs a law firm.

I have a long life ahead of me (I hope), and many years to see the dreams in my heart fulfilled- and bigger and better ones sprout up in their place.

My dreams today are just the early plants, preparing the soil for bigger, better, stronger dreams to take root and grow up in their place. "The best preparation for the future, is a present well seen to, and the last duty done" (George MacDonald).

1 comment:

Kristin Kelly said...

And he climbs mountains on the weekends.