Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sometimes... all I can do is sing Keith Green to myself. Everything else that wants to come out of my mouth, I know is just me responding out of fear and not out of trust. This song is pretty much my life anthem. It's what I can always come back to, to find my true heart. It's my core desires. Intimacy & Relationship. Passion. Love for others. Humility & pure motives. It cuts against the catchy sounds of my generation, it cuts against selfish religious ambitions. It burns away everything but the face of God.... and that's what I'm desperate right now to catch a glimpse of.

It's one of those moments.


Oh Lord, you're beautiful. You're face is all I see. And when your eyes are on this child, your grace abound to me.

Oh Lord, please light the fire, that once burned bright and clear. Replace the lamp of holy fire, that burns with holy fear.

I want to take your word and shine it all around, but first help me just to live it Lord. And when I'm doing well help me to never seek a crown, for my reward is bringing glory to you.


Let me never lose the revelation that I'm the chief of sinners... and the most blessed of saints.
I'm waiting for a man like Paul, like David.

3 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

I always seem to revert to this old hymn:

Lord you are more precious than silver
Lord you are more costly than gold
Lord you are more beautiful than diamonds
and nothing I desire compares with you.

Or this one:


I lift me eyes up
to the mountains
where does my help come from?
Make help comes form you
Maker of Heaven
Creator of the Earth

Oh how I love you Lord
YOu are my only hope
You are my only prayer

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, my Ladies.. Great stuff!! You're warming the 'cockles' of me heart, Lassies.

You let HIM build it.. They WILL come...

PS: One of my all-time favorites is
"In His Time"..

Unknown said...

You remember when dad would pull out the worship notebook at the dinner table at the old house and we would pick a song to sing before dinner together? I'll never forget that.