Monday, October 25, 2010

Reasons I love fall:

my saturday.
which ended, sitting next to elsa at the walkers.
Sunday morning, waking up early to throw on boots and a rainjacket and wander across my stormy yard... for a delicious breakfast with three of my life-long friends: ty, rob & aime. There really is few comforts like the company of those few people who have taught your heart it's safe to sit down beside them. I could cry just thinking of it. A month or so ago, in the midst of a dozen painful things, I spent an entire Sunday at Elise & Jeff's (lunch, games, a walk, dinner, wine, a great chat). I was amazed by how wonderful it can be to just be with some people. And fall alots those times.
After church, it was lunch with more friends (one from Canada who I rarely see!), including Brade & Joel- both of which are so busy these days. Then cider, reading, and honest talks with my dear friend Meghan.
It's not just the scarves, hats, boots, sweaters, gloves, hot drinks and delicious soups that make me love fall- it's that that is when we remember how much we miss the people dear to our hearts, and we find time to get locked inside from the rainy, stormy weather, with them. We bundle up, and open up.

Fall usually contains great pains of death and change, but it is also when our roots drink deep and stretch in a little further.

2 comments:

samara said...

Ah! Love this. Poetic and so so true =)

{meg} said...

haha I love when I post something and then go to read your blog. I love this season too and I'm so thankful I get to enjoy it with you!

PS. I didn't mention you by name but the entire last post was inspired by you :) Just in case you were wondering!