Wednesday, October 27, 2010

United Pursuit Band is one of my favorite worship bands (I don't really know what to call them.. I guess band, worship band? worship leaders? group?). I wrote almost a year ago about the song "Come Away With Me" and how it struck something deep in me- a cry, a desperation, something created deep in my core.

I was surprised when I soon logged back in and found a response from one of the band members. I had also written about a friend of mine who didn't quite 'prefer' that song (she also loves them, just not that particular song). For that reason, I teased that I was going to blog again- in hopes of pointing her out to the band right before they came... but decided against it. ;)

This group has produced such a pure and passionate sound that compels others to press, run, seek, and trust. Some of the sweetest times of worship I've experienced were at our bible study, pouring out our hearts to their music. It was with no lack of expectation and excitement then that we all showed up to church 2 weeks ago, where they would be leading worship.

...what a blessing. I'm listening to it again (as I just found the link posted by Kim Rankin!).

*listen* (or rather, watch)

I think this may be on repeat for a while- second song feels like an iv I was desperate for.

PS, if somehow you get sent a message again from google-- congrats on the engagement-- and thanks for using CCK as your cover ;) we were so incredibly blessed. you are all lovely.

No comments: