Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Friday!
Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday. My neck and back have really been getting to me this week, and by yesterday, I was done. Add a less than pleasant.... work atmosphere, and all my energy went into finishing the day. I'd definitely planned to just stay home today, lay in bed, take some advil and ice this back... but when my alarm clock went off, I just couldn't do it. Kellys don't quit well, or call in 'sick' well apparently.

After quite the chaotic morning, which included a mad search for the missing green coat (that held the gold ticket- aka- orca card) that took me from the bus stop, back to my house, into the Walkers house twice (nothing like sneaking around your neighbors house at 7:30 in the morning hoping no one wakes up and is scared to wetting themself!), back to my house, and eventually discovering it right inside the front door. Thanks to an amazing sister the morning still managed to pull itself together from there and I was hardly late. I'm here, and it's Friday, which means I'm sipping a latte and I'm wearing jeans, a t-shirt and my green Purcells. My hairs in a pony tail and my face is just...my face. Why the details? Because, this morning, I'm enjoying simplicity and the beauty of it. I'm quite content and happy to be just me right now, in my old jeans and loosely pulled-back hair. Sometimes, the most beautiful thing really is to just be at peace, especially amidst stress and coming chaos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you word things and turn what could be a horrible start to the day into a beautiful picture. Love u! Counting down the days till u get here!