Monday, July 25, 2011

This is a galvanized BBQ Bucket. Can you say, "New addition to the Emergency Kit"?!  ;)

I'd say it's brilliant (and it is), but my mom did something like this a couple years ago.  She bought a clay fire pit for the yard, and it fell apart after it's first rain.  So, my mom decided to build her own.  She created a ring of bricks, built it about 4 bricks high. Then she bought two 5-gallon galvanized buckets.  One, she christened the 'fire pit,' the other, she filled with soil and flowers.  On a typical day, it looks like this beautiful raised flower bed, with benches around.  But when evening hits, we can pull it out (it takes two to carry it), and drop in the alternate bucket and light it up.  It's really quite brilliant. 

I also want these. Cast Iron Twig Skewers. They say they can be used for both kabobs or roasting marshmallows, but I'm not sure they're long enough for roasting...

No comments: