Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I want to post about some things I don't like right now.  But, it's too easy to post about what we don't like, and too common in blogging.  So right now, I'm going to post about something I've been thinking a lot about the last couple weeks.  Something I do like.

I like being challenged by the way another person lives.  I like going home and pulling out my bible to look something up, search something out.  I like getting up and pulling out my bible because I'm getting hungry for it.  Or because, I know I need it.  I like remembering that I need to be more generous.  And though I hate that feeling in my stomach that comes with realizing I'm not living up to what I once did, or wish I would, I also love that that feeling is there.  Praise God for being convicted by another's example  - not their actions, who they are in every action.  Praise God for realizing that who I always hoped I'd be "found" being is not exactly who I am today.  But that I can be.  And that I'm humbled... and found as the mess that I am and not the perfect girl I'd love to be.  Who always loves, always speaks truth with kindness, always holds people when they hurt, and feeds people when they're hungry. Praise God that that sentence makes me start to cry - because I'm not.  And because I desire to be.  Praise God for right desires!

No comments: