Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I'm not going to really post much about it, because I can imagine my mom already glued to the news at home.  But it's pretty interesting being on 4th and Union right now - I've already had quite a view from my window.  The "peaceful" protesters have already broken in the windows at Nike Town, a bank, "paint bombed" the courthouse.  They are tagging cars and buildings.  The police helicopters are out.  There are ambulances right outside our building.  It's getting rowdy on Pine - just two blocks away. 

I've already decided to leave at 4 - but that's three hours away and things are already getting a little wild. 

I guess I shared more than I intended.  But it's a wild experience - part of me wants to stay and be here (don't worry mom and dad - I don't plan to wander into the mix of it), it's one of those things you can tell your kids about in a couple decades maybe.  And part of me is just ready to get out of here, now. lol.  The architect who's been out at meetings and just walked back in to give us all that report was here in Seattle for the whole WTO shabang. 

Someone, who will not be named might be giggling a bit over it all.... but nerd that I am, my mind can't not associate these sort of experiences with literary history.  And what of course did I specialize in?  French Revolution and Apartheid literature.  Yep.  Not a fan of anarchy and lawlessness.  As far as I've seen, it's an evil for an evil.

News Coverage. 

And can I just tell you, Architects are ODD.  No one has even been worrying about this at all - until about 10 minutes ago. No concerns really about getting home.  And it's literally happening across the street from us.

MUMSY- GOOD NEWS - I'm blogging, so I'm obviously alive.  Right? ;)

No comments: