Friday, May 25, 2012

If I weren't camping,

I'd be at the High Dive tonight at 8pm. 

No lie. 


Jamestown Revival - worth a lot more than you'll be paying.


But seriously, saw them last night. Fell in love. Would be there again tonight if I could. They were fantastic performers on all levels. Their voices are so distinct and yet meld together beautifully (the EP doesn't fully capture it). The 15 years of friendship defines the easy flow of the music they write and the banter of stories they weave throughout. They stood at the door to make sure they met each of us on our way out, shaking hands, repeating names and cementing the impression they'd made on each of us. I'll be preordering the CD and following the tour stops closely. Do yourself a favor and go listen tonight. They describe their music as "Indie-Rock with a Southern slant" but there's a bit of soul in there too and the tiniest of folk with a bit of bite. I don't know.  The guys are great.  I'm hooked.  Just go.

Disclaimer: I can't listen to this video right now to see if it's the best to post or not. All the songs they played last night were written in the last 12 months, and most of my favorites so recent they probably aren't on the web to be found.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I was there! They were amazing! If they come back we have to go again!