Friday, May 18, 2012

If you don't know her, you've at least heard me mention "T" on here a dozen times.  I first met her probably 3 or 4 years ago now.  She seemed at first like she didn't really want to be my friend.  Probably because she was being brought in to help my Starbucks store and wasn't exactly supposed to be my friend.  Or maybe, she just didn't want to be my friend.  Well, that didn't last long, because I decided I wanted to be hers.  And within a few months we were having tea dates and zoo days and sing-a-longs at 4am in a dark empty store.  I love this woman deeply.  People call one another "faithful" pretty lightly sometimes - but Theresa really is faithful, in all that that means.  She loves deeply.  She works harder than almost anyone I know.  And though I've known her for years, and would say I know her pretty well, she's still quite the freaking mystery to me.  She is always a better friend to me than I deserve, and I constantly wish I were a better friend back to her.  She's one of few people that I sometimes want to beat other people up for, which is odd, since she could probably do a much better job herself.... okay, not probably. She could.  And she's strong and will say what needs to be said, but still I find myself wanting to protect her, because she's amazing!!!! And she's understated.  And as I said, she's a mystery I still don't fully get.  But I love that.  I love how she can continually surprise me.  I love that she will join any random group situation I bring her in to, and she may agree or disagree, but she'll be there and she'll be finding gold in people and making new friends, and remembering crazy details and names like I never can.  She will do what needs to be done, and yet at the same time, she's wild. Kind of. :)

That said, today is T's birthday and I'm hoping it is special.  I know she's probably working, and she's saying it's not a big deal.  But it is.  And she's pretty darn remarkable and I hope she gets celebrated by everyone who knows her and loves her.  Happy Birthday, Magician.  Let's see the elephants soon! Miss you and thinking of how blessed I've been by our years of friendship.  You constantly encourage and challenge me by being the woman you are. Love you!


Signed,
Bunny. ;)

No comments: