Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aurelia Bliss Mitchell is going to be the BEST fed little girl ever.

I'm sitting here reading my literary article on noir, rocking on my exercise ball, and thinking about the delicious apple glaze pork chops my mom made for dinner tonight. Yum.

Which naturally led me to what Jeff told me Elise made for dinner tonight. That girl blows my mind. I have no idea how she so quickly became such an amazing mom and cook- and I KNOW she is going to be a remarkable mom. I've been wanting a cook book lately (the past month or two), and I've been finding myself picking up food magazines. I am so looking forward to two major things in my future:

1. Decorating my own house (I literally DAY-dream about painting my own living room)
2. Cooking fun meals for my hubby, and friends.

(You thought I was going to say a husband and kids, didn't you? Those too ;)

I have the most wonderful times over at Elise & Jeff's enjoying Elise's wonderful cooking, and Jeff's excellent pairings. And now Rob & Aime's too. I'm looking forward to the day I can turn the table.

But, I am currently a college student with hours of reading left to do tonight, an awesome exercise ball beneath me, and the memory of some delicious apple glaze pork chops. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Apple glaze pork chops! Uh, no fair! :-P

Katrina Hope said...

I know right?! I woke up form an accidental nap, walked out of my room half-awake and found mom sitting on the couch, reading a cook book!!! I asked her "mom? what are you doing?!" She replied, "I'm pretending to read cook books like other people." I asked, "Are we having dinner?" She said "yes, its done right now. You want some? I'll go dish it up."

KIM, it was 5:30pm!! I was so confused. Especially when I asked what it was and she said pork chops with an apple glaze. It was so weird. There were NO potatoes in the whole meal!

She became my mother again when I asked her if she used a recipe and she said "uhhhhhhh, I looked at a couple. I made my own changes" lol... thats the mom we know and love. ;) Dinner was delicious.