Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I HAVE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.

I think encouraging those in your life blesses you more than them, because it opens your eyes to the incredible talent, personality, calling, friendship, and love God has put all around you. I want to take more time this year to tell the people around me who I see them to be... I know encouragement and prayer are going to be my two greatest weapons at the sides of my friends and family in this year of testing and proving. And I also know that using those two tools to fight for those in my life is also going to safeguard me from bitterness, isolation, depression, offense or anything else that might threaten to isolate me from the gifts God has given me.

I've felt the Lord really pressing on my heart to 'sure up' my relationships. And that's what I'm going to do. It's incredible how the Lord is, and how He has created everything to be- that when we seek to pour ourselves out to others, we get filled up... not even by them pouring back (which often does happen, as encouragement is contagious), but by the very act itself. I'm not going to sit too long and soak in this, because I know that will just lead to the stagnation of patting myself on the back. :-0

5 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

You are on a blogging rampage! I like it. : ) Okay go ahead. Encourage me all you like. Just kidding. You are everything I appreciate in a sister. You are brilliant, compassionate, loving, artistic and you don't let other people define your values or your outfits. I love you more every year as you become a unique and wonderful woman who truly loves Jesus everyday.
Big Sister

Katrina Hope said...

See... that blessed me... and you. (and me... hehehehee). I love you too big sissy. you are my partner in crime, holiday run-aways, covert sneak-outs, mall-rushes, movie-center-row-potting-strategies, and you keep me honest (not to mention, you keep me confused) ;) You and Kim have both been so unbelievably encouraging, loving, protecting, and sacrificing for/to me over the years. You've always been the one who will pay any price for whatever I face. I love you and I'm so lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Just a minute I need a tissue to continue on.  oh yea  You girls are so blessed to have one another never let anything change that. Yes Kati you are Gods gift to me, all you girls are. My mom said, God gave me all girls so that the boy would not be left out. Love Mom

Kristin Kelly said...

I love that we can only be sappy in writing. LOL. So do you want me to lead the group in one of those "everyone talk about how great Kati is" at your party tonight?

Katrina Hope said...

KRISTIN! HAHAHA, I just read that and that night I totally thought of being like "alright guys, now we are all going ot sit in a circle, and I'm gonna sit in the middle. And ya'all are gonna talk about how much you love me, and why" But then I worried they'd really do it... :0

Or that someone might get their feelings hurt (oops, lol).