Wednesday, January 13, 2010



I'm loving all my classes this quarter, and loving having all my homework done for my class in an hour. 3 articles read, and the first 120 pages of my book.

I nabbed a fourth class last minute and now have 18 credits. This is going to be a very challenging quarter, but also very exciting. I'm taking Honors English on noir/hardboiled fiction (the detective novels with the Femme Fatale and dark gloomy images of LA in the 20's-40's). I also have intro to Geology, Intro to American Politics, the next course in the Architecture series which I started last quarter- this one focusing on my favorite architecture periods (Renaissance- Gothic!), and largely on Italy!!

Mondays I have class straight from 9:30-3:20, and Wednesdays from 8:30-3:20 with a couple hour break. I feel back in high school almost-- with class after class. I am going to posture myself to stay as I am now, engaged and excited. I'm going to keep choosing to enjoy being studious and engaging new topics and questions.

It also helps that I have an extraordinary set of professors and TAs this quarter. Of them all the worst is probably my architecture professor (who is still better than last quarter's arch prof), and let me tell you- when you are lecturing on Italian architecture, you pretty much would have to be canine for me to not be engrossed and my heart incredibly awake! I walked out of class today thinking "man, my heart is SO in Italy!" I'm curious to see what that will one day mean... I really have no idea. But I love that culture. I love the architecture, I love the streets, I love the language, I love the people I have met, I love the art in general. Oh, and you KNOW I love the food, and the cappacinos!

Who knows, maybe its something that will play out in the destiny of one of my children, and the fullness of it for me will just be imparting the information and passion... or perhaps, it will be in my own tale...



1 comment:

samara said...

That whole entry just made me really happy :) like, smile from my heart... its so fun to hear about your passions and how much your able to find joy in the simple things! ahh! I so want to be like that... and you're such an inspiration! so, thanks! :)