Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling crappy.

I've been shaky and feeling grose all day. When I thought I was actually doing pretty good, I arrived at work and my coworker informed me, "Are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in days."

I kinda laughed and told her I had both a nap and 8 hours of sleep last night- but still feeling a little weak.

I'm not sure if it's just me not being diligent enough to get protein amidst this fast, or if I am really fighting off something- I think it might be a bit of both. I've passed out at work before and the consequent day of tests in the ER taught me that I'm not as strong as I like to think... I have to be wise and take care of my body. Today was a bit of a check... thinking over the last couple days, I'm definitely dehydrated, short on rest, low on protein, and higher on emotional and mental stress than I ought to be. Thankfully, I'm learning to recognize the little tap-tap and not running 'til I drop, literally.

Not to mention, whatever is going on in my heart and head always shows on my face. There was a lot going on in my heart and head as I walked in to work... I made it through the shift by a lot of prayer and I am finally about to spend a little QT with my Maker, my hope is He'll bring me some peace. :)

Surrender is always so sweet. "I will not give to you that which costs me nothing."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your "maker" wanted me to let you know that "grose" is spelled "gross".. and that when you become famous and write books - you won't need to check the spelling because you will be rich enough to have a "editor" do that..
:-P

Anonymous said...

That wasn't me..! Love U

Katrina Hope said...

Oh Dad... An editor is exactly my plan ;) In the meantime, you'll just have to keep commenting in hopes I finally learn to spell.

Love you, mean it.