Saturday, January 30, 2010

Granted I only had a few hours of sleep last night, it was due to spending an excellent evening with a number of the coolest people I know, watching an amazing film I'd be ashamed to admit I'd never seen. I woke up feeling a bit like the walking dead and headed to open at Starbucks with my buddy Theresa... undoubtably my favorite to open with. :)

Though busy, it was a good morning overall. I'm training in the Coffee Masters program, which I love. I love learning about all the process of the different beans, about the different farms they come from, the distinctive regional tastes and traditions. In short, I love to learn the story. I love to learn the story behind a friend. I love to hear the story behind a war. I love to hear the story behind a marriage, new or time-tested. I love to hear the story behind a photograph- or if ungiven, to write the story for myself. And as it turns out, I love to hear the story behind a bag of beans. Where it came from, how it was grown, who named it, what the recipe is, what sort of people might drink it and with what- what stories might it fall into in the future?

After work, I got to take a nap- there are few delights like a hot shower and a good nap- waking up to a clean, organized room with no rush or place to go.

Now, I am reading a book (granted, for school.... but still, I'm getting to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes) and thinking I'll go make a pot of coffee.

This is a beautiful winter Saturday.

(I stole the image form Madison's blog post this evening... Mad, if you don't already know: I'm a nerd about books, art, buildings, doors, travels, photos, pens, trees, people, STORIES... anything beautiful without contriving)

2 comments:

Madison Alexis said...

Ha--thanks for the answer. I love this entry especially first couple lines. Sometime we will have to watch As You Like It because it is a good one

Katrina Hope said...

Agreed. I was enjoying it. It should be just you and I perhaps-- the whole crew wasn't feeling it.