Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm realizing something about this frustration that's mounting in me; it's exactly what's needed to break me out of the status quo I live in. To be practical, it's going to be the overwhelming passion to travel and live an adventure that will cause me to question my spending habits. It's going to be this constant struggling to say what's real and alive and growing within my Spirit that keeps driving me to write. It's this desperation that makes me think I might break if I have to take another breath of the same air I breathed in yesterday that draws me to take a long drag of the Psalms, and the Gospels, and the epistles of Paul and Peter. Yeah, they are like my drug. I light them and breathe them in, try to hold their potency in as long as I can, 'til I have to breathe it out. I just need more.

You see, it's this frustration that's pushing me to find a new allegory, because none of the old ones fit it right. But neither do the new, yet. I'll find it though. Thats why I keep reading and writing and praising. That's why I keep breathing in this air.

That's why you do too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look around and think, I am so rich. I wish every young person had the blessings of relationship that I have. He lavishes His goodness on me, He lavishes His wisdom, courage, patience, perseverance, understanding, forgiveness, peace, gentleness, truth, generosity, righteousness, strategy, history, pleasure on me through the quality (and quantity too!) of friendships He continues to give me and protects for me. I deserve none of you, but I'm blessed by each of you, overwhelmingly so. Thank you.

After re-reading this blog I'm wondering if the testimony of my life (or part of it) might not be this: God has no lack.

1 comment:

Madison Alexis said...

Someone was just describing this feeling to me. Its funny. It is the desire to have a normal life of getting married, having kids, grandkids, etc. That is great, but...Pastor Norm talked about it to. It is called burning for the Lord. Looks like this D-fast is working. Hmmm?