Saturday, January 02, 2010

I had my first outing to Frost yesterday. It was a good start to 1010.

MacKenna and I (neither having gone before) have been planning a trip for weeks now. And it was with great expectation we selected our doughnuts. I picked a salted caramel one, as did Braden, and Mac had a vanilla frosted...'french something.'
I'm not quite sure it lived up to all the fuss about it, but perhaps a deeper look into the ingredients, or a just a second tasting may make me a bigger fan. The taste was good, but nothing unbelieveable. That is, except for the Bacon Maple Bar (probably had a snazzier official name). How could you see that, and not try it? We certainly couldn't.
Not gonna lie- I've still yet to taste something with bacon that wasn't good. In this instance, it added just a bit of a salty taste to the sweet treat. I don't know that I'd order it again though, only because it tastes exactly like when your pancake syrup accidentally reaches the bacon on the outskirts of the plate. I dislike it very much when my syrup or gravy touch other items on my plate than the ones they were initially poured over. And here, the similar tastes creates conflicting responses- the annoyance of over-reaching syrup and a messy plate, along with the sweet and salty pleasant taste which in this case is intentional. We'll have to see if I can overcome this association in the end.

5 comments:

kaylee@life chasers said...

The salted carmel is my fav! The bacon maple is quite delish too...If you do, in fact, need a second tasting. Please tell me. I may have to join you.

And I agree, there was so much built up about them but they are the best I've ever tasted. And I'm not much of a doughnut fan....

Abigail Renae said...

haha... i INTENTIONALLY put syrup on my bacon and sausage, m&ms in my popcorn, pineapple on my pizza, etc etc. sounds amaaaaze

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Um you may want to delete that last spammed comment :-)

Too bad we didn't get to go to Frost while I was there!!! No more doughnuts for this girl until the extra poundage hits the highway!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... that would 2010, Honey...
though I know you want to meet a Knight in shining armor - let's hope he doesn't REALLY come from the Middle Ages.. ;-O