Sunday, March 14, 2010

I woke up this morning to the alarm on my phone. I turned it off and recognized I had new email messages (I get both my gmail and my outlook on my phone). Typically I wake up to several things of junk mail, but that never stops me from having to check.

Not today. :) No, I had an email from one of my favorite women, Linda Cline encouraging me and reminding me of who I am. She postured me for not only today, but this season. I wrote out part of it and put it in my car on the dash. After I finished the email and started to wake fully up I thought, "OH NO!" You see, typically when the Lord puts THAT much encouragement before me, first thing in the morning... I end up needing it. The last time he so prepared me, it was followed by a very painful and difficult day, and I was able to to lean back on what He'd already spoken to me. So yes, I was tempted to tip toe through the day... I kept waiting to see what was coming. Thus far, nothing catastrophic or heartbreaking has occurred.

On the contrary, when I returned to my room this evening, I found a card on my door. I was clear it was from my big sis. More encouragement. And then more.

Today has been a great day of encouragement. Thank you all. And thank you Lord that you are always faithful to prepare me and strengthen me when trials come... and thank you that, that encouragement doesn't only come when pain is around the corner. Sometimes, it is only there to strengthen and embolden so I can take a step.

Spring is around the corner... Life is coming from old, dead places. Release your fears, release your expectations that hurt and pain will always follow the sunshine and tender words of friends. Make a demand on your faith, believe that what He has said, He will do. And the desires in your heart.... they were His desires first. He created you to breath, dream and long for the good things that are wrapped up in who He is. It's all part of His drawing you to Himself, part of Him pulling you into His great mystery. He has a plan for you... and it's good. :)

I'll be there to remind you.

No comments: