Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's hard to find cute outfits that are Starbucks dresscode appropriate, but I've been trying. Today I'd layered on plenty of all blacks.

Upon getting home early afternoon, I started cleaning. I took off the black boots when I walked in. 20 minutes later, I lost the long black vest. A half an hour later I ran out to the car and suddenly became aware of what I was wearing. Pretty much, I'm Jo in Funny Face... only with slippers. (What I like to call me "old man slippers" because I had my first pair when I was a little girl and loved them because they looked like my dads. About 6 pairs later, and I continue to love them for their connotation of an older gentleman in smoking jacket quiet in his study. Other's like to call them "mocasins," mostly just to upset me.)

I don't ever mind feeling like Audrey. ;) Especially when it's a quarky book nerd. (But if Kris happens to stop by, I know I'm in for a look.)

2 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

Looking like Audrey Hepburn is always okay with me! : )

samara said...

Oh! How adorable! i love Audrey!