Friday, March 12, 2010

This morning, I feel peace. :)

Finals are approaching rapidly, but there have already been all sorts of little gifts to bring peace and assurance to my heart. I spent the night at Kristin's last night (I had a late-night study session and then an 8:30a class today), so this morning I walked up to the Ave for some coffee and breakfast before heading to class. As I packed up my books to head up to class, Norah Jones came across the speakers... "Come Away With Me..." It's amazing what an impact a song can have, especially when it surprises you. Earlier this week I was in the UVillage starbucks one morning, getting coffee before class. My heart was hurting and I was in need of hope. As I was standing at the condiment bar, one of my very favorite songs began to play. You can make my bed, I'll fall into it, broken but not lonely. 'Cus I never new a home until I met your hands. I wasn't quite sure I was hearing it right. It's a song by Stars from a couple years ago. I hadn't heard it before on Starbucks radio, nor since. It was exactly the little note I needed dropped by my Savior... I'm here. I'm your Comforter. I'm the Lover of your soul, and the Creator of you. I like what I make.


Your right hand upholds me. And in the shadow of Your wings, I will rejoice. I will rejoice.

No comments: