Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Spring has sprung.


Last week we christened the quad with a picnic. The sun was (sorta) out. The weather was warm (enough), and a student was playing his guitar under a tree. It was just enough to make my heart smile in expectation of the lovely season that's strolling in with sunshine. :)




On another note, kristin moved out last weekend, as most of you can pull together from my dramatic last blog. Man, there really is nothing like a sister. I didn't realize how strongly it was going to hit me, not having Krissy-Poo down the hall to bug at night or sneak away with for morning coffee or cause any other mayhem with. :/ I sat on the floor and cried like a little girl, which itself managed to pull up painful memories and caused more crying. As a friend recently commented on me (to me), and rightly so, I hate crying. I know, who likes it, right? Well, there are some. It just tired me out and I ended up calling it an early night. I thought I'd just confess that evening to you all, since I think 99.8% of you have yet to see me cry- I don't want you all thinking I'm heartless. ;)


I think it was all made worse because I had such a fun Friday and Saturday with my sis. Friday I went along while she got her keys. Then we ended up getting a quick bite and watching When in Rome (mistake- now I REALLY want to go to Italy!!). Then Saturday, after work, I helped her move all day and we ended the night at Thai Tom on the Ave for dinner and then at Trabant... possibly our favorite new coffee shop.



Trabant has these books/public journals that we spent literally a couple hours reading through and laughing - hard. The next morning we were wide awake hours earlier then we needed to be, so I showered and we walked down to the Ave to find some coffee and breakfast before church. It was the perfect way to start the day. I'm so grateful for my sisters, both of them.

("It's meeee")

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thing you threw in that last sentence, I was beginning to think you forgot you had two sisters.