Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Cambridge, You broke a little piece of my heart and I think you might always have it. I gave up things I didn't want to for you, and in the end I felt relief and deep pain when I discovered it wasn't to be. If you were to catch me at the right time, when no one is around, you just might discover me thinking about you still, wondering how you are and who I might've been with you. That said, I know I'm becoming who I'm meant to be, and you, I know you're happy without me. Perhaps one day down the road I'll see you in pictures and not feel that twinge. Maybe we'll even share a cup of tea and laugh about the old days filled with hours of work, anticipation and excitement, checking the mailbox every day to see if there was anything from you. Old friend, I thought of you today.

1 comment:

Kristin Kelly said...

That makes me so sad.