Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dear Literary Friends (and Austen lovers - of which I am assured there are two classes),
I am reading Emma.  I bought it a couple weeks ago and placed it in my queue.  Funny since Braden told me yesterday, "You should read Emma next."  I began laughing because I'd started it that morning.  So here you are friends, I've begun my second Austen novel.  So far, I'm enjoying it, but I'm on my guard for the emotional hurricane I know she's setting out to stir up.  Judging by the fact that she got to me in Persuasion, (that letter-writing scene?!) and this one is 3x the size, I'm a tad bit frightened.  Obviously I know the story, but one must read a famed author with a bit of fear whether or not they've seen the "film."  It's not just the story, it's the craft and say what I will (and have), I know Austen has a lot of...craft.  So here we go. 
With Love and Attention, 
Katrina

2 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

;)

Kathryn said...

As a huge Austen fan, I am thrilled to see this post. On another note, do you still want to borrow Harry potter?