Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It appears I have a problem. 

I keep starting books.  I'm reading one with Meg & Linda, and it's sort of waiting on the backburner.  I'm reading one for bookclub, but I'm reading it in one of my dad's beauties so I'm not allowed to take it out of the house.  Sunday I cuddled up with it on the porch swing and my Dad wasn't sure if the patio counted as "the house."  :/  So, I can't read it on the bus.  I'm also reading Forgotten God, and it's not one you want to tear through, so I often read a chapter on the bus ride in. And for the ride home?  Well,  I was reading The Hound of the Baskervilles, but having finished it, I picked up another one from the Guardian's list of 100 Best Novels, Hemingway's Men Without Women.  I'm also reading through the Pentateuch, so in my purse is: my Bible, Men Without Women, and Chan's Forgotten God.  I'm also halfway through a book called The Reserve, but I felt like I was supposed to put it down for a while (annoying since I could just finish it in a day, but, obedience). It's kind of a poor book anyways, but I can't stand not finishing books, so I will when I feel released to.  Also, my devotional, The Seeking Heart.

So, right now I am reading:
The Seeking Heart
Forgotten God (normally bus ride in)
The Normal Christian Life
A Study in Scarlet (only at home)
Men Without Women (typically bus home)
The Reserve
The Pentateuch (Bible)

I don't really love having multiple books going at once... at least not THIS many! Especially because it makes me feel like the other ones I want to read are far out of reach, about 7 books-wide out of reach.  Yet, still, I went to the library yesterday. *blush*  I almost feel it's ridiculous to consider writing a book, when there are already enough amazing books to fill a person's lifetime.

How about you?  Same problem?  Weird book/reading quirks?

6 comments:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

It doesn't get any less frustrating on a Kindle eventhough it is in one device....
my list:
Just Like Jesus
The Scarlett Letter
This Time it is Different
Time to Defeat the Devil

so not as long but still....and yes i love my kindle and never thought i would! bob got it for me on my bday and i was very reluctant. I never would have bought it for myself but now that i have it i love it!

Kristin Kelly said...

I have noticed you are ending your posts with questions or ecouragement to respond. lol.

I will comply. When I am reading multiple books at a time it really just means that I found the others less itneresting and put them in the back for a time when I am all out of new books. : )

Curious...what if God tells you not to finish that book until 2012? lol.

{meg} said...

You forgot The Great Gatsby ;)

I wanted to read Men Without Women too! Our coffee/book dates may never end. Well, that wouldn't be such a bad thing :)

samara said...

Oh gosh... I can't really stand reading more than one thing at a time, yet I am. I only have about 20 pages left of Dandelion Wine, but when I finally got ahold of Study in Scarlet yesterday, I couldn't help myself froms starting =| =)

Unknown said...

We are our father's daughters. I, however, cannot start a new one without finishing the one I started.

Katrina Hope said...

I used to be the same!!! But with enough of reading one book with one person and reading through another with another person/ group, and my own devotionals, and fun reads... I guess it broke me. I can't stop starting books now! (And of course I always finish them too!)