Friday, September 30, 2011

I little bit about Tennessee. Sunday afternoon, after church and lunch at Leper's Fork we stopped at the Flea Market. (Is that really how you spell it?) Though we were only there an hour or so, I found a few special new treats. I wish we had flea markets around here! It was incredible: rugs, antique jewelry, furniture, and all sorts of vintage doo-dads.

These mason jars go for $30 dollars at the antique store near my house. I bought these three for $3 each. I also learned from the seller that these jars, with 13 on the bottom are commonly sold for $70. They were considered unlucky and therefore housewives would break the jars after using the contents. So few remain they are now collecters items. Imagine, sometimes it really does pay to not follow the crowd. ;)
Inside, I found this wrought iron frying pan. The Pioneer Woman served her Rosemary Dinner Rolls I'm in love with, in one and I loved the presentation. After deciding to buy it for "baking" I realized it would be a fun purchase for it's conventional uses too. This is my $8 wrought iron frying pan. It's wanting a little scour pad loving, but if you're ever over for dinner you might see it full of the most delicious dinner rolls you've ever tasted.
And of course with all the sweet boutiques we wandered (including Posh, one of my favorites and only in Tennessee) I found a few other purchases, including a shirt (not pictured here) that Kristin informed me looks like the top of an 80's prom dress. "What are you doing?" "I'm looking for scissors. I just want to cut those frumpy sleeves off that thing." Thanks sister. :P

3 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

Is a Swap Meet the same as a Flea Market? They have a Swap Meet at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds often.

Unknown said...

Leipers Fork ;-)

You didn't get those boots though did you?? I love what you bought and thank God we didn't have more time at the Flea Market, otherwise you would have spent every dime you have and have to check a bag to bring it all back with you!

Katrina Hope said...

No, the boots are old, and well-loved. ;) And you are so right...the time, and the fact that I have no more room in my room stopped me from what would have been an otherwise LARGE shopping fit.