Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 9 Without Coffee (or Caffeine)

I keep reminding myself this is obedience. And, it's training. Training in being able to sacrifice what I want for someone else's best. And practice for being pregnant haha! Even pregnant ladies are allowed decaf, right?   ;)   It's not just about training for the 'somedays' but it's also about being who I truly want to be today, right now.  So suddenly this Daniel Fast is a double blessing, for the breakthrough I know it will release in the specifics I am praying about, and also for the opportunity to lay down something small that I love, as obedience to the Lord and out of love for those I'm praying for.  Today, I want to be a woman who lays down her wants for those she loves. 

These are the things I remind myself of as I sip my (nearly flavorless) tea.  ;)


P.S.
And Megs, it helps to know you're in this with me too, as in so many other things. : )

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

You are pretty darn amazin'.