Thursday, September 15, 2011


I miss my campus.   It's less mine than others now, but, it will always be mine.   I'll always remember my first year wandering there, knowing I won't run into anyone I know.   That feeling of being lost in a place full of people, a nameless drop, carrying around her books, notepad and pen.   My first time wandering about with the leaves all changing, and the sun setting early, getting caught in the rain and having another class to sit through, soaking wet.   My first time wandering through Magus Bookstore, and into Allegro behind.   Getting coffee at Bull Dog Newsstand, and sipping it as I walked to my first class, my breath making pillows in the cold winter air.   Or my last Spring there, with my sister living down the street and me taking every opportunity to spend warm evenings on the Ave and sleep over.  Yes, I miss class and school and I can't get that back, but I also just miss the campus itself, this place I love.   And that is why I sneak off to it from time to time, all alone, a quiet rendezvous.

By the time others I knew started showing up on the campus (Kyle and Tyson started with me, but chances of running into each other were very slim), I was more than happy to share this special place.   And now, it's their's too.   And to be fair, I know it was many other's before it was mine... Tom, Jen, Courtney...

Tuesday I spent the evening with Kristin, Esther, and Elisa on the Ave.   We hardly even wandered, but just being there in September was sweet to my heart. :)

2 comments:

samara said...

Oh Kati... I appreciate this so much. When I think about starting my senior year in a few weeks, I keep thinking about being a sophomore (still unsure if I was supposed to be in college) and reading the posts of your senior year. It made me more appreciative. And this post makes me so excited to enjoy every moment of my senior year. Thanks for sharing!

Katrina Hope said...

Samara, I love hearing that!! I'll be living vicariously through you this year - so blog lots! :)