Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I really like this lady, and this baby girl.


We call her our dad's other daughter. (I think if I don't get married soon, my dad's just going to adopt her and Grant entirely.) And now that one of our sisters, and two of hers have moved across the country, we've sort of formed our own little makeshift triune. Ideally we are all going to spend summer days longboarding and sipping cold beer together, but we've yet to discover a safe idea for how to bring little Finleigh along with us. I suggested strapping her car seat to a longboard and strapping on a rope to one of us... but the tipping factor is problematic. I might have to do some test runs with one of my old dolls in the attic.

So for the time being, it looks more like lots of great talks, coffee dates, dinners, and late night bottles of wine shared. I love this woman, she's played a big part in my life these past 6 years, even with as minimal as our visits have been at times. (Though it still unnerves me a bit how she can read right through me without a word.)

No comments: