Wednesday, September 28, 2011


21/25

Nightmare Abbey reminds me of a book one of my friends would write.  A certain friend who likes to tell me I'm too sentimental.  The entire book seems to be a satire on many of the British female writer's many of my friends are so fond of.  I must confess, I was laughing along with the author, and even from time to time at myself.  I couldn't help picturing a young guy much like my friends, sitting down with a pen and a great fondness of teasing.  I plan to read some academic essays on it, as I know there was a great deal being discussed that I missed, issues surrounding the British Radical culture that followed the French Revolution, popular culture and literature and philosophy.

1 comment:

{meg} said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I laughed quite a bit also. Please e-mail any essays you find interesting :)