Sunday, August 26, 2007


Eureka!

That would be in Southern California. We are on our way back already...and I have some fun things to catch you up on. Dad and I headed out Thursday morning and made it all the way to Ashland Oregon by 6:30 that evening! Ashland is the home of the Shakespeare Festival- a couple years ago, on a whim, my dad surprised my mom, friend, and I and we ended up going to see A Winter's Tale. We were remembering it on the way down, and somewhere along the way dad decided to stay the night there and see if we could get some last minute tickets again. They were playing "Romeo and Juliet"- tickets were sold out, yet one man was selling two tickets his friends had bailed out on- and they were ours. We wandered back to where we'd parked, and they ended up booking one of the 2 hotel rooms left in their sister hotel across town. That left us enough time to grab a quick dinner before the 8pm show.

The play was in the Elizabethan Theatre, a great outdoor theater designed like the theaters Shakespeare's plays would originally have been performed in. I got a picture of one of the doors- of course! ;)

The next evening we were at Jerry and Sherry's. Dad headed out immediately to meet up with Jerry at Promise Keeper's and Sherry and I rented Miss Potter- which I finally got to finish! Oh my goodness!! What a good movie! Sherry had already seen it, and she knew when to bring me a tissue, literally.

Yesterday I had some fun with Sherry, Dad was at Promise Keepers with Jerry again 'till one. Then after lunch, Sherry called them and we extended them the an offer to take us to a movie- "Becoming Jane." If you are coming into this thinking that it's Pride and Prejudice- it's not. I was a bit more uncomfortable at the beginning. It's nor real bad- there are two quick bear bottoms off in the distance. But besides that, no scenes or anything. And it quickly becomes SO good. I really want to say more, because I feel very strongly about this movie, but I don't want to ruin it for those of you who want to see it...and if I say ANY of what I want to- it will affect how you take in the movie. Gosh- I will say that I was very surprised by how well the main actor and actress did- they completely captured me. Oh, if you did not know, it is the story of Jane Austin...author of Pride and Prejudice and 5 other novels.

This morning, we were ready early and then sat and talked at the breakfast table until 10:30! So, after day of driving on a beautiful route (we headed over to highway 20- beautiful!...which then met up on highway 101 shortly before we stopped.), we are now in Eureka, Ca. We've had dinner and are about ready for bed. Being it's one minute to eleven, and we want to be up and out of here early, I should get to bed. Tomorrow, we will meet up with my mom, Kathering, and Kolleen at Cannon Beach...I'll stay the night and head home for my Buble concert! The rest will stay a few days more.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week....I checked the forecast today, 70's in Seattle through the week. Kim- good to hear you guys got some rain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear you had a good time. Talk about a quick trip to CA! Wow! It's fun to see Lily on the page :-)