Tuesday, August 07, 2007



WELL. After a long day of airport lines, security checks, baggage claim, etc...I am back, in TENNESSEE. Yes, my flight was delayed an hour and a half which would put me missing my layover flight in Salt Lake City- the last flight out of there tonight.
And Delta didn't have any more hotel rooms there to put people up in, so they reworked it for me to stay here another night and fly out tomorrow. The man who talked with me was very nice and he even has me flying home 1st class for over half of it. He also gave me vouchers for the airport...which was sweet.

Yet, it was an entertaining afternoon...and I feel too drained to go through it all again by sharing it here. Most everything that COULD have gone wrong, DID go wrong...so I am here, with ONE of my bags, no not the bag with my toothbrush, clean underwear, socks, and changes of clothes. Its the bag full primarily of heavy books, my cowboy boots and other random things I don't need tonight, but that sufficiently make the bag rather painful to carry- also the strap broke off it when I first got to the airport today- yes, this is the bag they brought back to me....when I really didn't care for them to give me either, but they chose to anyways....

I grabbed a handful of quarters before throwing my backpack in Kim's car (you see i waited for about an hour for my bags...the bags I didn't even want to collect...the bags that 1/2 of came in the end)... So yeah, I was thirsty so I grabbed a handful of quarters, $1.27 to be exact....pops at the machine turned out to be $1.50. Less than a quarter short! And worse yet, Kim had to go pull out of the waiting area and she'd told me to call her when my bags came- yeah, I'd left my cell in my backpack, now in the backseat of her car. yeah.

Gosh...funny stuff. Turned out, I had missed my connection flight from the moment I even checked in at the airport- the machine said my flight had been delayed from 5:30 to 6:05pm...when I'd asked a Delta lady if I would miss my connecting flight she said she'd go check- and 15 minutes later, as they repeatedly called my name at the baggage check-in, she still hadn't come back. I'd assumed I must not be missing it....oh, if only I'd known. I could have taken care of it all right then and been back at the keiths by like 5pm. Now, its 8, my shoulder aches from holding my backpack and carryon for hours in various lines throughout the afternoon- waiting to check-in my bags, security checks, the line at the burrito place, the line to change my ticket (longest line EVER!), then my line to REcollect my baggage. yeah, quite a day! And, I had to call both of my managers at my jobs and tell them I wouldn't be at work tomorrow after all.

It's all alright though- because tonight, I get to have Bluebell Ice Cream one more time- Kim's in the kitchen cooking dinner, and Jason is home...one more night at the Keiths' was certainly worth it. :)

Yes, in fact these pictures have nothing to do with what I am writing about, but they are some of our fun pictures from yesterday and the night before that I wanted to share them.


Toni will be home safe and sound in a few hours...and I am about to go play some scrabble, eat some yummy dinner and later Jason and I will probably watch Slingblade, and have rootbeer floats with BLUEBELL :) Perhaps in the morning I can get him to make me one last French Press...he hasn't said no yet. Gosh, it's hard enough leaving once...tomorrow is going to be very difficult.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pictures. Im glad you got one more night there. and im glad you are home safe.

I like the one of me picking the sharks nose lol.


Love Toni