Wednesday, August 15, 2007


Today is going to be a wonderful day! Morgan and I picked up Riss at the airport last night, after her and I daring the mall, forging the parking garage, searching "Internation Blvd." (a name we decided was far too prestigious for the real road we experienced!)...all searching for a Starbucks, open Tullys, Big Foot Java...ANY OPEN ESPRESSO STAND! You see, we'd planned to hit the Starbucks in the Lodge at BellSquare after a little necessary shopping (for real- it was necessary!)...but we were running a little late. We knew Riss would understand, so we were STILL gonna go- but somehow we discovered we were wandering the wrong parking garage. We thought we were across the mall from our car, but it layed beneath us. So, after a good deal of laughter, we decided to hit a coffee stand/shop/drive-thru (ANYTHING!) along the way. Nope... Then, Riss's plane was still not landed, so we decided to search until she called to say she'd landed. We drove up and down International Blvd...we saw ONE eventually. It was closed. After all our searching and toil, we had become qiute ravenous, so we pulled into a McDonalds, which was a story in and of itself. Riss called- she had landed! We headedover, and she was surprised to see Morgan (for, it was, a surprise). After big hugs and smiles and laughs, and some creative manuevers, we were on the road.

We stopped at Morg's for a bit, then, at home it took a little while to get to bed (and a LOT of self-discipline to not talk to Riss, much.) All in all, I was asleep roughly at 1...and up at 4:15 to get ready for work. I dropped Kris off on the way, and then I grabbed us breakfast at Jack in the Box (breakfast croisant!), while she made me a mocha at her stand. Not a bad way to start the morning...the croisant and coffee helped with that "up-to-early, not-enough-sleep nausious feeling." Now I am in the office, and hopefully no one else will be in the office for at least another hour, so my music is on at my desk....and it's a good morning. I will have to leave pretty early today, I still have to pack!

I cannot wait- I hope I never stop getting this excited for Family Camp. I was looking for pictures to put up in my cubicle, and in my photo box, I pulled out a picture of my mom and dad, me in my mom's arms.
They are in the motor home, I believe the Hales' based on stories I've heard. The back said, "Family Camp 1987" That's the year I was born! I have another picture up in a double frame in my room...the left side is Elise and I in a play-pin..we are sitting facing each other and like holding hands, kinda hugging. The back of that one says "Family Camp 1987" too- I was only 8 months, and Elise was about 14 months. The other picture to it's right, is of Elise and I camping on our senior trip....pretty cool.

I'm very blessed to only be 20-years-old and already have friendships 20-years-long! And, a lot of others, close to as long! I can still remember what Elise gave me for one of my 4th or 5th birthday- it was a perfume, and I thought it was the coolest gift ever- I remember her and I "using it" on her front porch. I don't know if I've told Elise that memory in recent years (?).

Goodness, I need a hair-tie desperately! I let my hair just air-dry this morning, and it has become an image of the early 90's...this cut exaggerates my hairs automatice tendency to dry as a big..I don't even know what to call it.

Have I told you lately that I love you? I do.

Kati.. Kate.. Katydid.. Little One.. Lyndsey.. KK.. Pollux.. Kat.. Katers.. Shane.. Stink (can anyone guess that's from a big sister?).. Ubi-Boobi[Liss].. Kati Lady.. Katrina Hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun at family camp - those are some good times! I have a dentist appt today at 1.30 - 11:30 your time. Its yet another consultation...lucky me. At least there's free lunch provided by the building outside! love you!

Morgan said...

"i love you like an emo kid loves girl pants." HA. thats brilliant.