Monday, August 27, 2007

Cannon Beach


I'm so very tired, I don't feel like blogging much, but I don't want to skip all these fun things from today. We made it from Eureka to Cannon Beach! It is beautiful- yes- I found our vacation spot for spring break morgy moo. It's so nice- and you can build bonfires at night on the beach- you'd love it!

After driving most of the day, with only a couple quick stops, Dad and I met mom, Katherine, and Kolleen in Canyon Beach at 5:59...this is important because I called that we would be there at 6pm...one minute later, which according to Dad makes me incorrect, but I continue to point out that it was far closer than any of his estimates...be it luck, or whatever please you, I was right ;)

The girls and I split off for dinner so mom and dad could have a little time alone. Us girls ate on the beach at "Moe's" and then waited down in the sand for mom and dad to meet up with us at dusk. We built a fire on the beach and roasted marshmallows and smores and laughed. It was good to have time to just be with my family...away from responsibilities for a moment...I just wish Kim, Jason, and Kris could have been there too....hopefully next summer.

I even sang a little, "Oh, the horse put his foot, put his foot on the ground...." but Dad closed that one off real quick.

I didn't get much sleep last night, at ALL...thus my lazy eye is very evident in a few of these pictures. :( But today was a very picturesque drive up the coast...we've driven close to 2000 miles the last 5 days! Tomorrow I am hoping to spend a couple hours on the beach, and then I've got to make it home for the Michael Buble concert- woooohooooo!

I am both sad, and happy (since my boo-tey is so very done with riding in a car) that the jist of Dad and mine's road trip is over. We drove a LOT of miles in those few days, but it was certainly a fun ride, we had a blast with Jerry and Sherry, and we had a good time getting there together. I also will not miss listening to the mullet worship artists of the wonderful 1990's...oh Fire and Ice, goodbye until next time. ;)

Getting home, it will be finally back to work, and working as much as possible until school starts..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cannon Beach sounds wonderful. That would be a great family vacation for sure!! Thanks for the update and pics, though I know you were exhausted to post them :-)

Love you!

Morgan said...

yeah...lets so do that for spring break. oh yeah- can we just sleep under the stars in the back of my truck too...actually its still kinda cold so maybe not- we'll just have to go with the 5 star hotel on the beach then...