Monday, August 13, 2007


This is my 100th post, and I feel it appropriate that such a celebratory post should be heralding the return of ELISE AURELIA SANDSTROM!

Elise comes home this evening - and I am so incredibly excited!

She's going to be awfully upset with me though when she realized I have dance practice tonight and can't be there when she gets home- like she told me I "better be!"

Last night I had a fun time with Morgan- I am sooo excited for Elise to be coming home, and Riss to be visiting, and for family camp! And for extern graduation!!! This has been a really challenging year with having so many of my closest girl friends scattered- its been great because it's brought new frienships and allowed them to grow strong this year too- but one friend can never really replace another. I can't quite explain how happy my heart is to be receiving back some of my cloest friends, which I'd given Him completely. He gives and takes away- and then sometimes, He gives back, plus He gives more :) I think that's the moral of my story!

I don't believe I have ever felt so lonely as I have much of this past year - but somehow, looking back now, I don't believe I have ever been so rich in friendships as I have become. I can see a connection to what P. Norm was saying yesterday about God preparing us in the wilderness and desert seasons for His glory...I think in a similar way, He prepares us in the lonely wildnerness, desert seasons where we feel very set apart and sometimes fogotten (not by Him, but by our friends), for the richness of relationship. In the desert we draw close to Him, we deepen our passion and learn to rely first and only on Him, desperate to draw water from Him. Also, re discover the value of frienship. Then, at a moment, He begins to scatter friendships in our lives, like seeds sprouting up in every direction...and the ground thats been toiled in, watered, and tended grows frienships seemingly without toil or trouble.

At least, that appears very true to me. I am so grateful for all my friends- and that absolutely includes my family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well that's good, because I was starting to feel a little left out....sheesh.

Morgan said...

hey guess what you have inspired me and although i have had a blog for several months now, no one seems to know, probably cuz I don't want them to but seeing how you are comfortable with people reading your thoughts I figure "hey why not"

melizabeth10.blogspot.com

it has three whole blogs on it