Monday, March 26, 2012

Catching up on weekends:

March 17th - St. Patrick's Day










Lessons learned:  
1. Maybe take less pictures while you run - it could improve your time. 
2. Bring safety pins.  


3. Don't zip lock the timing chip to the very bottom lace.  
Amateur Night?  No doubt.  But we'll be back.  
Sorry Morg, I know you hate this photo, but I love it... I kept it off Facebook, so I'm a semi-decent friend. :/
After the run, we drove to The Owl 'N Thistle for some Irish breakfast and coffee... I was not pleased that they decided to serve everything in plastic dishes for St. Patrick's Day.  But, I was glad to get to introduce Morgs to a place I probably love more than I should.  The snow started pouring and we were glad to be inside finally.
The afternoon I got to go to a concert with some friends, and while I thought it (the music) was going to suck - it was actually quite grand.  ;)  I knew the opener would be good.... I just didn't realize I even knew who the band was.  I should be embarrassed to admit that, but oddly, I'm not.




It was nothing I had expected, and all quite last minute (literally), but isn't that how many of the best days happen?

The next morning (noon), I got to have breakfast with T at Maltby, and she introduced me to one of her special spots.  I felt quite lucky - and the fact that there were some sort of animals there seemed about right for us.



March 23rd-25th:
 This past weekend, I took Friday off and the fun began right after work on Thursday.  Kristin, Esther and I met up for happy hour, soon joined by Morgs & Adam, Thomas (morgan's coworker - some of you Sbuxers know him), and John (my friend from soccer - look for the beard below) for dinner.  The night, and the group grew from there.  It was the Hunger Games premier.  And I'll confess I spent a good hour trying to nap in the seats.  It didn't really work.

 We needed out all over the table at the restaurant. 

Be gracious to us - it was nearly 3am at this point.  


The Carps and I spent the night at Esther's and were spoiled with omelets, biscuits and gravy, mimosas, and Irish-ish coffee for breakfast.  After noon, we ventured out to Fremont for Morgan to conduct a proper introduction to Milstein Coffee.  It was worth the ridiculous drive there, and nearly hour of traffic back for me.  Truly.  I was back the next day.  And I might be back a lot more often.  ;)


I headed over early afternoon to the Clise Mansion in Redmond to begin my responsibilities helping coordinate the reception for one of my dear (DEAR) friend's wedding.  What a beautiful couple, ceremony and evening... I can't tell you how much I loved getting to help.  (Seriously though!)
  Saturday, I slept in and recovered.  Kristin brought me coffee, we headed out on our "boarding day" - which really had less boarding in it than other things, but regardless it had sunshine, reading, tasty drinks, adventure and each other and it was quite lovely.  :)  Spring is here.


New purchases from Kristin and my's day in Fremont. :)

The history of a number of cocktails, recipes, how to make your own bitters, cool photography and a local author - I felt compelled. 

And a stop in to the Ballard vinyl shop yielded these two treats:  
Fun's new album, and a used record of my buddy George. 


Sunday was my parent's 40th Anniversary. (woot! woot!)
Which meant they weren't home.  And, neither was I.  
Through a turn of events, I spent the third day in a row in Fremont.  




And I'm kind of caught up - minus a trip to California, a hike and a few other big events.

1 comment:

kaylee@life chasers said...

I know, I know, all of these amazing things and I leave a comment about the George vinyl. SO cool! I remember talking with you about collecting old George records that night you came over before I left. Enjoy! Ps. Did you know Twang was on vinyl? I ordered it off of amazon for Ry :)