Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This week, I've been thinking just how grateful I am for my family.  We are kind of a mess in a lot of ways.  But we love people, and we love each other.   And we all tend to root for the underdog, and fight alongside the downtrodden.  We like pretty people.  But we might like less-pretty people more.  We love those who have hurt and don't give up.  Because somedays we are pretty, and some days we are less-pretty, and some days we hurt, but every day we don't give up. 

I've seen these all over.  And this one, is very true for my family, and for that I am very grateful.  (Though, I need to work on that patience part, the rest of my fam is a lot better at it!)  I love that I can bring friends home and my family will love them, and tease them, and probably offer them a drink.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right! This sums up our family perfectly! I'm going to use this for some future ideas ;-)

Love you!

Kristin Kelly said...

I like it, all of it.